About Spark Dance Company:
Our mission is to bring the joy and opportunity of a fine arts education to every child and to empower all to learn, create, and inspire.
We believe that every child should have opportunities that spark their interest and creativity. These experiences have the power to shape a child and lead them down a path of self discovery, confidence, and success throughout their life.
Our goal is to:
Provide High Quality Arts
Seek Mentors and Teachers with Passion
Create a Nurturing environment
Uphold High Standards
Offer Diversity in programs through multidisciplinary and cultural arts
Give Scholarships and Tuition Assistance
Reach out in the community to provide exposure, opportunity, and awareness
We are thrilled to be Growing our dance program at Spark! We have spent the last four years developing a thriving theatre program in Northwest Houston and can't wait to slowly add equally strong programs in dance, visual art, and music!
The dance program at Spark is unique in the following ways.
● Dance is an Art: The discipline of dance is taught as an art and does not have emphasis placed on competitive teams, but rather grooming a dancer as an artist. We plan to offer audition based performing companies in the coming year. The goal of our program is to have our Senior Company choreographing and presenting showcases of their own work. This is a whole other level of training to prepare them for whatever they may want to pursue!
● Beginning Classes for Older Students: Many younger students do not gain an interest in taking dance until they are 10 or older. These kids do not want to take beginning classes with 5 year olds. We want them to feel comfortable to explore this new skill and advance as they are able.
● Affordability: Dance can be extremely hard on the pocket book. Because of our non-profit status and the fact that we have a performance space "in house," we are able to offer dance without all of the extra fees.
● Excellent Teaching Staff: We are dedicated to offering high quality dance education and can ensure that our teaching staff reflects those standards. We are thrilled with the teachers we currently have on staff and look forward to building a larger team!
● Costumes, Music, Movement: At Spark we strive to cater to the highest level of sensitivity when it comes to our student policies and code of ethics. Discretion will always be used when considering costuming, music, and movement that is age appropriate and displays a respect for the dancer as an artist.
● Confidence and FUN: As with any of the programs we offer at Spark, our goal is to uplift our students, help them to build confidence, and add joy to their life! The arts add color to life and that is why we do what we do!
If this sounds like something you are interested in being a part of, SIGN UP for camps next week!